Sunday, September 4, 2011

Doilies, Doilies, Doilies!!!


What are they? Lovely often hand crocheted ornamental mats often used under knick knacks.

What I Paid: $5 for several flats of them.

Where I got them: At a household auction in Kent OH. I also buy these on a regular basis at auctions, yard sales, or anywhere I can pick them up cheaply.

Where I sell them: In my antique mall rental rooms.

How I sell them: These can sell on eBay for anywhere from a few bucks to twenty depending on how ornate and detailed they are, but I prefer to sell them in my antique mall rental spots for a few bucks a piece. While I could get more on eBay I sell them in my vending rooms because it's it's a lot less labor intensive. It would take me several hours to a few days to list a large lot of these on eBay over the few hours it takes me to tag these with my prices and vendor information. They are also functional. I can place them under figurines I sell to make my spaces look nicer while I wait for them to sell. I only buy when I get them for literally pennies each so selling for a few bucks still offers a profit margin I'm comfortable with.



1 comment:

  1. Debs Dealz stopping in from the Tuesday Hop to follow you via GFC and Facebook. Please return the follows!!

    Also let me know if you are interested in exchanging buttons! :-)

    Thanks, Debbie

    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete