Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vintage Hayward Malachite & Onyx Cufflinks

 
Front View




View 2
Back view (Marked Hayward)
What they are: Vintage Hayward hinged back cufflinks. They feature green and black stones that I believe are Malachite & Onyx set on a unmarked (is marked Hayward) gold toned metal.

What I paid: Approx $2-$3.

Where I got them: I got this in a box lot of jewelry at an auction some time ago. So long ago I don't remember but I generally don't pay much for jewelry lots unless I want something badly or know the value from previous experience.

 What I sold it for: $12.75

Where I sold it: eBay

How I sold it: I looked up similar but not identical pairs on eBay and prices ranged from $10-$50.  I decided to go the auction route and set it up for a 7 day auction ending in the evening with a start price of $9.75. It had 7 watchers by the auction end but no one bid. I then re-list them using a fixed price listing of $12.75. They sold within a few hours. If I had set them a bit higher, I think they may have sold for a bit more but I prefer fast flips.


Research: I didn't not do much research on the history of these. I just looked up going rates on eBay and referred to the following page to determine the name of this cufflink style.

1) http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/Teasers/Teasers/CuffLinkTypes.htm

2)http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=Hayward+Cufflinks









No comments:

Post a Comment