Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thundercats Metal Lunch Box

Front View
Back View
Side View Showing separation of metal pieces.

What it is: A vintage metal Thundercats lunchbox. Made by Aladdin marked 1985.



Condition: Had it's fair share of scuffs and dings and due to my carelessness in transport and storage the metal separated. 

What I paid: Approx $2.50. I bought this in a lot of 3 lunchboxes. I paid $7.50 for all 3 making the single unit price $2.50.

Where I got it: I got this at an auction.
 
 What I sold it for: $41.00 

Where I sold it: eBay

How I sold it: I held this item for about a month because I wanted to time the eBay auction at about the same time as the Thundercats remake show came out. I start the bidding at $6.75 because I was confident it would go up. If I am positive that am item will sell well, I always start the bids low in an effort to attract more watchers and bidders early on in the auction.

Research: I knew the remake Thundercats show was coming out because my sister had told me and then I started seeing commercials advertising it so I knew to hold it a few weeks and generally old metal lunchboxes with a good subject matter sell well.

No comments:

Post a Comment